Get To Know Your RMT
At Davie Village RMT, our registered massage therapists are here to meet your needs. Our clinic rely on our education and experience to help Vancouver area patients feel better and lead more active lives. We are committed to providing the massage services you need for physical comfort, strength, and flexibility. At the same time, our massage therapists work to create a relaxing atmosphere and use massage to promote a sense of emotional calm.
The primary goal of Davie Village RMT therapists is to make our patients’ lives better through massage therapy. Our therapists use massage techniques proven to help with a wide range of issues, like:
- Sports training
- Stress and tension
- Pains and soreness from daily activities
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Sports injuries
- Back pain during pregnancy
- Age-related pain and limited range of motion
- Childhood injuries
Whether you have muscle and joint problems after a serious injury or simply the aches and pains of everyday life, we’re here to help. We assess your condition carefully and work with you to create a plan for resolving your issues.
Massage Treatments for Your Unique Needs
The type of massage treatments you need depend on many factors. After your therapist assesses your condition, they typically suggest one or more types of massage that are right for you given:
- Muscle and joint issues
- Overall physical condition
Our registered massage therapists have abundant experience in a variety of treatments. Our RMTs have excellent training and substantial experience behind them to provide therapy techniques that range from traditional to cutting-edge treatments. Therapy modalities include:
- Swedish Massage – traditional massage using pressure, kneading, tapping, and bending to relax muscles.
- Deep Tissue Massage – similar to Swedish massage, but deeper to relieve chronic muscle tension.
- Sports Massage – bodywork designed to help athletes prevent injuries, prepare for sports events, and stay in peak condition.
- Pregnancy Massage – massage to relieve the stress, aches and pains that come with pregnancy.
- Joint Mobilization Massage – a special massage technique to relieve taut joints by moving the joint through a specific limited range of motion.
- Myofascial Release – a technique used to release tension in the fascia, which is the connective tissue surrounding the muscles.
- Trigger Point Release – used to relieve myofascial pain from trigger points and other muscles affected by the trigger points.
- Neuromuscular Therapy – deep tissue massage technique in which therapists use their fingers to put pressure and friction on trigger points to release them.
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation – therapists stretch the muscles to increase flexibility.
It All Starts with You
Our therapists focus all their expertise and attention on helping you with your issues and goals. From start to finish, every treatment is designed to enhance your physical and mental well-being. When you’re ready to feel better and move more freely, we’re here to begin the treatments that are just right for you!